With more than 20 years of experience advising companies, Eric P. Raciti serves as a trusted advisor on intellectual property matters, communicating clearly with management, legal, financial, and technical professionals. He received his formational training in industrial systems engineering, learning the importance of a multidisciplinary approach that includes a marriage of technology and business processes.
Eric’s extensive background in IP law includes patent portfolio development, intellectual property enforcement, technology counseling, strategic commercialization strategies, corporate IP policy, technology acquisitions, risk mitigation and due diligence for fund-raising and investment rounds.
Based in Boston, his experience with large corporate environments as well as conception-stage startups has given him broad perspective over a range of intellectual property issues, and allows him to find pragmatic and creative solutions to complex problems, as well as the efficient realization of client goals.
A frequent speaker on intellectual property matters, Eric has delivered dozens of seminars across North America and Europe on a wide range of topics to audiences of lawyers, business managers and engineers. He served as editor-in-chief for Full Disclosure, Finnegan’s patent prosecution newsletter.
As a young lawyer before joining Finnegan, Eric worked at prominent Boston general practice firms, learning the role of intellectual property in a general corporate practice, focusing on licensing, transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Earlier in his career, Eric worked as a patent examiner for five years at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and later, after earning his masters of laws degree, for the commissioner of patents in the Office of Legislative and International Affairs. Eric was selected as one of the Top 100 Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Attorneys by LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy.
- University of Leuven, Belgium LL.M., European Union Law, magna cum laude, 1995
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law J.D., 1994
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University B.S., Industrial Systems Engineering, cum laude, 1989
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- PTAB Bar Association
- American Bar Association (vice-chair, Intellectual Property Law Committee of the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, 2010-present; member, Intellectual Property and International Law Sections, 1997-present)
- Licensing Professionals Society Benelux
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (committees on Patent Law and International and Foreign Law, 1997-present)
- Boston Patent Law Association (co-chair, International Law Committee, 2014-present; Committee on Patent Law, 1997-present; co-chair, Medical Devices Committee, 2007-2011)
Rate : $$$