Eric D. Rapkin serves as chair of Akerman’s Real Estate Practice Group, one of the nation’s top-ranked real estate legal teams representing developers, investors, and other real estate end users in complex transactions, development and redevelopment projects, public-private initiatives, loan origination and recoveries, and litigation matters across the United States and Latin America.
A consummate dealmaker, Eric’s practice focuses on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions, including the leasing, acquisition, disposition, and financing of office towers, shopping centers, industrial properties, hotels, and medical office buildings for top developers, institutional investors, and investment funds.
Recognized by Chambers USA as “a very knowledgeable resource on leasing transactions,” as well as noting that “he approaches things from a business perspective,” Eric has finalized deals for many millions of square feet of office, retail, industrial, and mixed-use projects.
He is well versed in build-to-suit projects, possessing a detailed knowledge of the complex construction provisions that are central to these deals. Eric is also experienced in office tower acquisitions and dispositions and major public-private partnership transactions.
Eric has served in numerous leaderships roles in the real estate sector, including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1986, Law Review: The Tax Lawyer, Lead Articles Editor 1985-1986
- B.A., University of Florida, 1983, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida
- The Florida Bar, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Florida State Director 2018; U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference Committee, Member; Florida Conference Committee, Chair, 2016; South Florida Idea Exchange Committee, Chair, 2009
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association), South Florida Chapter, Board Member Emeritus; Chapter President, 2010
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL), Fellow
Rate : $$$$