Eric E. Sagerman is the managing partner of BakerHostetler’s Los Angeles office, and a member of the firm’s national Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights team. Eric is known for representing creditors’ committees, debtors and other constituents in large, corporate chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, distressed capital raising, restructurings and workouts, and general company and creditor matters.
He is active in complex national matters involving banking and financial services, telecommunications, fiduciary litigation, transportation, manufacturing and consumer products.
Eric has spoken on issues of interest in insolvency and restructuring law. He is the co-author of the treatise Creditors’ Rights in Bankruptcy (2nd Ed.), an editorial board member of the Bankruptcy Strategist and the author of numerous articles.
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in matter concerning the meltdown of the telecommunications industry, which was featured on the news program 60 Minutes.
- Represented Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in matter concerning the subprime housing crisis in 2007 to 2008, which was featured on the news program Dateline NBC.
- Represented chapter 11 trustee of government-subsidized company in litigation over anticompetitive conduct in the solar cell manufacturing market that drove the company out of business.
- Represented well-known Beverly Hills bank holding company in negotiation of chapter 11 plan of dissolution.
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- Learning Rights Law Center
- Board of Directors (2017 to present)
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel (2016 to present)
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank: Volunteer (2014 to present)
Rate : $$$$