Eric Sibbitt structures and executes initial public offerings and other complex capital-raising transactions for companies and underwriters, including NYSE and NASDAQ listings, registered follow-on offerings, global offerings, PIPEs and other private offerings, and liability management transactions.
Clients turn to Eric for boardroom counsel on SEC and corporate governance matters, and he also frequently advises on cross-border public and private company mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, and going-private transactions.
As Chair of the firm’s Financial Technology Practice, Eric uses a pragmatic approach to navigating the tension between legacy regulations and innovative business models, advising fintech companies, cryptocurrency exchanges, and investors on financings, token offerings, and securities issues.
The National Law Journal recently named Eric to its list of 2018 Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Fintech Trailblazers. Eric practiced in New York and Tokyo prior to joining O’Melveny’s San Francisco office, and speaks and reads Japanese fluently.
Eric also is a member of the Chamber of Digital Commerce’s Token Alliance and Lawyers’ Committee, the Innovation Advisory Council of the Japan Society of Northern California, a director of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern California, and an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law at UC Hastings College of the Law.
- New York
- Harvard University, J.D., 1997: cum laude; Editor-in-Chief of the Harvard International Law Journal
- Kyushu University, LL.M., International Economic and Business Law, 1998
- University of California at Berkeley, A.B., Economics and Asian Studies (East Asian Political Economy), 1993: High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Osaka University, Economics Department, 1991-1992
- Board of Directors, Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern California
- Innovation Advisory Counsel, Japan Society of Northern California
Rate : $$$