Eric M. Spada is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Section. Eric has litigated a variety of complex civil litigation matters in federal and state court, including real estate matters, commercial and contract disputes, energy and natural resources, tax assessment and tax exemptions, construction litigation, class actions, financial services litigation and Pennsylvania Orphans’ Court matters.
Some of Eric’s representative experience includes:
- Represented a public electricity provider in multiple real estate matters across Western Pennsylvania.
- Represented a large fast food restaurant in various matters across Pennsylvania.
- Obtained the early dismissal of multiple successive arbitrations involving multi-million dollar damage claims on the basis of collateral estoppel and res judicata.
- Represented multiple clients in real estate tax assessment and tax exemption cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric practiced as a prosecuting attorney at the Pennsylvania Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs where he handled disciplinary actions related to accountancy, charitable organizations, funeral directors, real estate professionals, vehicle manufacturers, dealers and salespersons, and notaries public.
While in law school, Eric clerked at two Pittsburgh-area law firms, focusing on insurance liability defense and employment litigation.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2011, American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journalmember; Mock Trial Board member; Alternative Dispute Resolution Board member
- The Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, B.S., 2008, with high honors, Finance with minors in Spanish and Economics
Rate : $$$