Mr. Eric Gregory’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation. Mr. Gregory advises clients on all aspects of employee benefits including qualified retirement plans, welfare plans, and nonqualified compensation programs.
Mr. Gregory assists clients with plan design, drafting, and implementation of 401(k), profit sharing, 403(b), 457, and defined benefit plans. Mr. Gregory also provides advice on the design, implementation, and administration of insured and self-insured medical plans, dental plans, life insurance, disability, and cafeteria plans, including pre-tax premium plans, and flexible spending account plans.
Additionally, Mr. Gregory assists clients regarding regulatory compliance with HIPAA, the Affordable Care Act (healthcare reform), COBRA, FMLA, GINA and ADA. He also assists clients with privacy and security concerns, including the privacy implications of HIPAA and state laws.
Mr. Gregory has advised numerous state and local retirement plans. He regularly provides strategic advice and analysis on approaches for employers obligated to contribute to multiemployer pension funds to mitigate withdrawal liability risk. Also, Mr. Gregory assists clients with federal, state and local tax implications of compensation programs and corporate transactions.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Gregory is currently chair of the State Bar of Michigan Taxation Section’s Employee Benefits Committee, and is a member of the Oakland County Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Committee, where he previously served as Chair (2016-2017) and Vice Chair (2015-2016).
Mr. Gregory is a Board Member of Lakeshore Legal Aid, which is the largest non-profit legal aid program in Michigan, providing civil services to low-income families and seniors in 17 counties. He is a frequent speaker and author on employee benefits and tax issues.
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, B.A., Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy, 2008
- Wayne State University, J.D., 2012
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation, Certificate in Employee Benefits Law, 2013
- State Bar of Michigan – Taxation Section, Employee Benefits Committee (Chair, 2017 – Present)
- Oakland County Bar Association – Employee Benefits Committee (Chair, 2016-2017; Vice Chair, 2015-2016)
- American Bar Association – Taxation Section; Joint Committee on Employee Benefits
Rate : $$$