A Member of Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville office since 2008, Eric M. Weihe serves in the Tort, Trial & Insurance Services practice and the Business Litigation practice. His broad depth of experience includes medical negligence defense, insurance defense, personal injury litigation and commercial litigation, particularly for cases involving protection of trade secrets.
Eric also covers wide territory with his client base, which extends across Kentucky. He has represented businesses and professionals in more than 40 of the Commonwealth’s 120 counties. He has defended a multitude of cases in court, and has succeeded in bench and jury trials.
Tort, Trial & Insurance Services: Much of Eric’s practice concentrates on defense against claims relating to medical malpractice, long-term care negligence and insurance bad faith. He represents clients through all stages of the litigation process, from initial discovery to trial and appeal, when necessary.
Business Litigation: Eric specializes in cases involving business torts, environmental law and a range of health care matters. From the outset of a dispute, he works to develop a rapport with clients that is centered on positive results and informed decisions.
Business Torts: Eric routinely handles cases having to do with claims of bad faith, negligence and misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information.
Environmental Litigation: In this complex area of law, Eric assists businesses in negotiations with state regulatory agencies regarding environmental permitting and compliance.
Health Care: Defending against claims of negligence and malpractice, Eric represents a variety of health care providers, including hospitals, long term acute care facilities, physicians, physical therapists, dentists, nurses and certified athletic trainers.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2008, J.D.
- Transylvania University 2005, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentuck
- Kentucky Bar Association: Board of Governors, 2016-2018; Young Lawers Division chair, 2018-present; Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee chair, 2017-2018; Young Lawyers Immediate Past Chair, 2018-present; Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee chair-elect, 2016-2017; Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee vice chair, 2015-2016; Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee secretary/treasurer, 2014-2015; Young Lawyers Division Executive committee 4th district representative, 2011-2014
- Kentucky Bar Foundation: Board of Directors ex officio member, 2014-2015
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ignite Louisville, Class of 2012, Graduate
- Focus Louisville, Participant, September 2008
- Leadership Louisville Center
Rate : $$$$