Eric Winder Sella’s practice areas include trucking, transportation, and automobile litigation, admiralty and maritime, casualty and insurance defense, and insurance coverage litigation. Eric has handled many diverse matters in state and federal courts in Louisiana and Mississippi, ranging from trucking, transportation, and auto insurance defense to construction and unfair trade practice claims and foreclosures.
He also practices entertainment law, including handling domestic and international transactions and intellectual property matters on behalf of local film talent and production companies. Eric often emcees programs for the New Orleans Bar Association, a nod to his sense of humor, which makes working with him pleasurable.
“I enjoy my clients. Sometimes you have tough situations and it takes a bit of creativity, and often humor, to get everyone on the same page. But I’m a straight shooter and have a way of giving good advice in a clear and succinct way people can understand.”
As both an attorney and a law student, Eric has been highly involved in the legal profession. As an Executive Committee Member of the Young Lawyers Section of the New Orleans Bar Association, he has had the distinct honor of being a speaker at the Naturalization Ceremonies for new citizens at the Eastern District of Louisiana Courthouse.
He is also a member of the Young Lawyers Committee of the Defense Research Institute and Young Lawyers Division of the Federal Bar Association. While at Tulane University Law School, he was a member of the Moot Court Interschool Trial Team and the Maritime Law Society and attended regular sessions of the Louisiana State Law Institute and the biennial Admiralty Law Institute.
- Tulane University Law School, Maritime Law Certificate, Omicron Delta Kappa (J.D., 2010)
- Tulane University, Dean’s List (B.A., 2007)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Louisiana Mississippi
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member (Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee Member)
- Defense Research Institute, Member (Young Lawyers Committee, Member)
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Mississippi State Bar Association, Member
CIVIC AND COMMUNITY : New Orleans Film Society, Advisory Board Member
SPECIAL EXPERIENCE :
- Speaker, Naturalization Ceremonies for new citizens at the Eastern District of Louisiana Courthouse
Rate : $$$