Erica Barrow is a commercial litigator. She represents her clients in state and federal court in complex business litigation. Erica’s experience working as a law clerk, combined with her resourceful and innovative approach to her work, allows her to effectively advocate on behalf of clients.
- Appeared as appellate and trial counsel in various matters defending allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and business torts.
- Currently litigating a class action appeal before the New York Court of Appeals on a matter of first impression hinging on statutory interpretation.
- Defending New York-based biotechnology company in putative class action stemming from phishing email scam that led to the inadvertent disclosure of personally identifying information.
- Member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS), an unprecedented recovery effort involving hundreds of actions.
- American Bar Association
- Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, First Judicial Department: Character & Fitness Committee
Community : Practicing Attorneys for Law Students Mentor
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2013; Fordham International Law Journal, Staff Member
- B.A., Social Science, Fordham University, 2008
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$