Erica J. Kraus is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Washington D.C. office. Ms. Kraus focuses her practice on representing healthcare entities in regulatory compliance matters. Ms. Kraus advises clients on compliance with federal and state fraud and abuse laws, assists clients in responding to government investigations, and represents clients in False Claims Act litigation.
Ms. Kraus also assists clients with regulatory due diligence in transactional matters, and through advocacy with federal and state regulators, and leverages her background in health policy to help clients maximize opportunities in the changing health care landscape. Representative matters include:
- Drafting and submitting self-disclosures through CMS’ Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol
- Assisting in internal investigations of reported potential regulatory non-compliance
- Responding to government Civil Investigative Demands
- Representing defendants in False Claims Act litigation
- Advising clients on compliance with the Civil Monetary Penalties Law and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Preparing filings with the Provider Reimbursement Review Board
- Advising clients on the potential impact of MACRA implementation
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Ms. Kraus was an associate in a law firm’s Health Care practice, representing healthcare entities in regulatory compliance, litigation, and arbitration matters.
She also acted as Perspective Reports intern for the New England Journal of Medicine, where she reviewed and summarized health law and policy news, and worked as an intern for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, focusing particularly on employment law projects, including preparing for EEOC, MSPB, and federal district court litigation.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2012, magna cum laude
- A.M., Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Health Policy, 2015
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2006, with highest distinction
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$