Erica E. McCabe’s practice is focused on complex product liability litigation with an emphasis on Engle-progeny matters. Helping to coordinate the defense of more than 4,000 plaintiffs’ smoking-and-health claims, Erica participates in multiple phases of the Florida-based litigation, including drafting motions, researching legal issues and preparing depositions.
During law school, Erica served as a judicial extern to The Hon. Julie A. Robinson, Chief District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas and was a volunteer with the Douglas County (Kansas) Legal Aid Clinic where she assisted clients with both civil and criminal issues.
Before becoming an attorney, Erica served as a Teach For America Corps member and was a secondary special education instructor at the African-Centered College Preparatory Academy in Kansas City, Missouri. She also created and coached a debate program for the school, and for her accomplishments was named DEBATE-Kansas City’s Newcomer of the Year.
- J.D., University of Kansas, 2017
- Kansas Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- Advocacy Skills Certificate
- CALI Awards (Complex Litigation, Professional Responsibility)
- Class of 1949 Leadership Award
- Extern to The Hon. Julie A. Robinson, Chief District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- J.L. Weigand Scholarship Recipient
- Kansas Law Moot Court Competition, Top Oralist
- Moot Court Council
- National Moot Court Team
- Dean’s Diversity Leadership Council
- M.A., University of Missouri – Kansas City, 2014 (Special Education)
- B.A., University of Kansas, 2011 (Political Science, Global and International Studies)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Kansas Bar Association
- Law Related Education Committee, Member
- Literacy KC, Volunteer Adult Literacy Tutor
- Douglas County (Kansas) Legal Aid Clinic, Volunteer
- Cultivate KC
- DEBATE – Kansas City
Rate : $$$