Erica A. Ramsey practices in the firm’s national Business Litigation Group, with an emphasis on catastrophic loss and product liability litigation. Erica has extensive past experience as national counsel defending individual and multi-party personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage claims across the country for industrial and consumer goods manufacturers.
In addition, Erica has litigated class action claims, contractual disputes, medical malpractice allegations, and complex medical and toxic tort allegations under the Price Anderson Act.
Erica has a specific focus on efficient management of pre-trial discovery and early case resolution. She coordinates all aspects of litigation and has obtained favorable results for clients through motion practice and settlement negotiations. In this capacity, she has experience with:
- Initial case assessment and negotiations;
- Managing complex discovery and related motion practice;
- Coordinating fact investigation and discovery;
- Deposing corporate witnesses, expert witnesses and key fact witnesses;
- Preparing and producing company representatives for deposition;
- Expert development;
- Extensive pre-trial motion practice, ranging from discovery issues to dispositive
- motions, including briefing and oral argument;
- Daubert and summary judgment motion practice;
- Post-judgment briefing and argument preparation; and
- Negotiating favorable settlements and attending mediation.
Erica graduated from the University of Kansas School of Law, where she earned a Certificate in Advocacy, was associate editor of the Kansas Law Review, and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. (2010)
- University of South Dakota, B.S. (2006)
- South Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Rate : $$$