Erica Rocush is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She also practices in California. Ms. Rocush devotes her legal practice to management-side employment law litigation and advice and counseling.
Her clients range from small partnerships to large international companies, and they operate across multiple industries, including construction, aerospace, manufacturing, education, retail and healthcare.
She represents clients in all aspects of litigation and agency proceedings in cases involving claims alleging discrimination based on sex, race, national origin, religion, disability, and others; retaliation; failure to accommodate; violation of wage and hour laws; and breach of contract under both state and federal law.
Erica defends clients in single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff and class and collective actions. She has represented employers in a variety of wage and hour class and collective actions involving claims of employee misclassification, failure to pay overtime, failure to provide meal and rest breaks, and other alleged violations of California, Arizona and federal law; leading and co-leading the defense team and developing strategy, managing discovery, directing case management, performing class and collective action analysis, and drafting class and collective action certification and decertification motion practice.
She also advises and counsels clients on best practices for avoiding litigation and on employee-related policies and procedures, including performing handbook analysis for compliance with state and federal laws, conducting exemption status analysis and advising on discipline and termination decisions, drafting handbooks and policies and providing training on such policies.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Erica worked in Arizona and San Francisco as an associate and shareholder for a national employment and labor specialty firm. Erica began her legal career in Tucson, Arizona, working as an associate in the employment law group of a large regional law firm.
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2001
- DePauw University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Economics and Romance Languages, 1996
- State Bar Admissions : Arizona, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Society for Human Resources Management – Greater Phoenix Chapter
Rate : $$$