Erica Svoboda focuses her transactional practice on counseling public and private companies regarding mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and corporate governance issues. Her experience includes representing buyers and sellers in middle-market stock and asset sales, where she leads the process from the initial stages to closing.
Erica maintains an emphasis on her clients’ business goals through the drafting and negotiation of definitive documents and identification of key issues. Erica also provides guidance with respect to general corporate matters, including drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, and licensing and distribution agreements.
- Represented private equity funds in numerous middle-market acquisitions, financings and recapitalizations.
- Assisted a client based in the United Kingdom with its past four acquisitions of foreign and domestic software and technology companies.
- Represented a middle-market logistics company with the sale of all its membership interests in its wholly owned subsidiary.
- Assisted in the strategic acquisition of a poultry processing business, which included the sale of real property, among other assets.
- Assisted public companies in different industries with periodic reports, proxy statements and corporate governance issues.
- Assisted a U.S.-based client with its internal financial restructuring involving approximately 10 of its foreign subsidiary companies.
Memberships : Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta: Advisory Committee (2018)
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 2012; summa cum laude; Senior Notes Editor, Georgia Law Review; Appellate Litigation Clinic
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2009, summa cum laude
Admissions : Georgia
Rate : $$$$