Erica Yen is a member of the Life Sciences Health Industry Group and an ambassador member of the Records and E-Discovery Group. She practices primarily products liability litigation with a focus on representing pharmaceutical and medical device clients in both state and federal courts, including in multidistrict litigations and class actions.
She has experience conducting pre-litigation risk assessments, developing litigation strategy, drafting and arguing motions, coordinating large-scale discovery efforts, working with experts, and preparing for trial. She has also been involved in defending clients in government investigations, False Claims Act litigation, and third party payor class actions.
Erica also provides counsel regarding document management practices and electronic discovery issues. She has developed and negotiated protocols for data preservation and production, and coordinated the collection, review, and production of multi-million pages of documents in complex litigations within the US and abroad.
She has experience addressing issues related to cross-border discovery, privacy, attorney-client privilege, metadata disputes, and databases. Erica has also handled a variety of litigation matters for clients in other industries, including the defense of creditors, mortgage lenders and servicers, insurance companies, and other businesses.
- Columbia University, 2005, B.A., Columbia College, Philosophy-Economics, John Jay Scholar
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2008, J.D., Articles Editor, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Professional Affiliations :
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles, Board of Governors
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles, Mass Torts Committee Co-Chair
- Los Angeles Lawyers Philharmonic, Former Concertmaster
- Columbia University Alumni Representative Committee, Member
- Served as national counsel for pharmaceutical company in multi-district litigation involving testosterone replacement therapy medication, including product liability claims and a third party payor class action.
- Served as national counsel for medical device client in multi-district litigation involving implantable transvaginal mesh and stress urinary incontinence slings.
- Represented medical device client in multiple lawsuits in multiple jurisdictions involving implantable spinal cord stimulators and cardioverter defibrillators.
- Provided early case assessment and risk reduction recommendations regarding document management practices to manufacturer of device used in endodontic procedures.
Rate : $$$