Erick B. Carlson’s practice focuses on structured finance in the secondary mortgage market. Erick represents clients in asset securitization, structured finance and other corporate finance transactions involving performing and non-performing residential mortgage loans, servicing rights, early buy-out loans and REO properties.
He also advises specialty finance companies, including mortgage REITs, on the Volcker Rule and exemption from regulation under the Investment Company Act of 1940 in connection with bank financings and securities offerings.
- Represents financial institutions and national mortgage lenders in mortgage repurchase facilities, early buy-out facilities and gestation repurchase facilities.
- Represents Ginnie Mae in connection with its government guaranteed multiclass securities program and in enhancements to the program.
- Represents borrowers in accounts receivable financing transactions.
- Represents CDO collateral manager in connection with restructurings of various portfolio investments.
- Represents originators, servicers and lenders in financing servicer advance receivables through structured facilities and related note issuances.
- Represents a major US bank as master servicer, trustee and/or bond and tax administrator on mortgage-backed securities transactions.
- JD, Washington and Lee University School of Law, cum laude, 2006
- BA, Brigham Young University, 2000
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Member, BYU Management Society
Rate : $$$$