Erick J. Roeder’s practice focuses on defending corporations in product liability and premises liability litigation. He has handled cases for manufacturers of a variety of products, including food flavorings, cigarette products and asbestos products.
He has experience in all phases of litigation, including written discovery, depositions, fact and expert-witness preparation, motion practice and trials.
Erick manages a team of attorneys and paralegals that is responsible for identifying and screening fact witnesses in large-scale recurring litigation. In this capacity, he has been involved in defending hundreds of product liability cases and related matters.
Erick works closely with clients to develop customized fact-development services in the most cost-effective manner possible.
In addition to the work Erick performs for Shook’s corporate clients, he is committed to providing pro bono legal services. His pro bono work has ranged from representing children in family court to handling a civil rights action for a man who was wrongly accused of murder.
Erick currently serves as the chair of Shook’s Volunteer Committee. This committee organizes the firm’s volunteer efforts, providing hundreds of volunteer hours and thousands of dollars to local charitable organizations each year.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 1996
- Missouri Environmental Law and Policy Review
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- B.S.J., University of Kansas, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court, Trial Advocacy Program
Rate : $$$