Erik N. Doughty represents financial institutions and other corporate clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts, including matters pertaining to mortgage-backed securities and other structured products. Erik also has served as pro bono counsel for local community nonprofit organizations and represented affordable housing tenants in bankruptcy court proceedings.
Erik began his career at Jones Day in 2015 after clerking at the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. He rejoined the Firm in 2018, following a clerkship at the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Erik is coauthor, with Chief Justice Ralph D. Gants, of “Where Science Conflicts with Common Sense: Eyewitness Identification Reform in Massachusetts, 79 Albany Law Review 1617 (2017).
- University of Pennsylvania (J.D. magna cum laude 2014; Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review);
- Tufts University (B.A. in English magna cum laude 2010)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
- Law Clerk to: Judge Allison D. Burroughs,
- U.S. District Court,
- District of Massachusetts (2017-2018) and Chief Justice Ralph D. Gants,
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (2014-2015)
- F.L. Roberts & Co. sells nine Jiffy Lube locations to Atlantic Coast Enterprises
- USI Insurance Services acquires Forrest Sherer Insurance
Rate : $$$$