Erik Christenson practices in the area of general tax planning. For over 16 years, he has provided tax advice to multinational corporations — both US and foreign-based — in business taxation matters. He has also worked on significant pro bono matters, including applications for tax exempt status for various charitable organizations.
Erik frequently speaks at internal workshops and seminars, as well as external events sponsored by, among others, the Tax Executives Institute (TEI). Erik advises on all aspects of the taxation of cross-border transactions and operations for clients in various industries, including life sciences, online services and e-commerce, software, media and entertainment, and consumer products.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D. cum laude) (2000)
- Dartmouth College (B.A. cum laude) (1985)
Admissions : California~United States (2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California State Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised on restructuring responses to domestic and international changes in tax law and on implementing the new structures.
- Implemented and restructured complex intellectual property arrangements for optimal tax results.
- Developed strategies with respect to manufacturing operations and distribution supply chains.
- Advised on numerous cross-border merger and acquisition transactions.
- Developed strategies to repatriate foreign earnings or to borrow funds to meet US and non-US cash needs.
Rate : $$$$