Erik L. Jackson is a trial lawyer who has been practicing law for over 24 years. He regularly represents and counsels clients across a broad spectrum of industries with respect to high exposure complex litigation matters and related issues affecting the clients.
Erik assists his corporate and individual clients to address and resolve their legal disputes in as efficient and beneficial a manner as possible. Erik employs an analysis-driven approach to the resolution of the legal issues befalling his clients and has handled numerous high-profile matters to successful conclusion.
Erik earned his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Southern California Law School, where he received the Carl M. Franklin Award for International Law. Erik was a Fulbright Scholar in International Relations and International Law, in Helsinki, Finland, in 1992 and 1993.
- Represented oil and gas companies in numerous complex legal disputes of various types, including antitrust matters, commercial disputes, class actions, and complex tort matters.
- Represented an oil refiner in a high-profile antitrust and trade libel action against competitors in the rubberized asphalt paving industry. The case involved allegations of public contract bid rigging and required more than 30 depositions of City and Caltrans officials across the State of California.
- Represented an oil refiner in disputes relating to significant property damage and personal injury claims stemming from high-profile explosions and fires.
- Successfully represented a celebrity defendant in a defamation action arising out of the Jenny Jones case, resulting in a published opinion of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in favor of the client (Lieberman v. Geoffrey N. Fieger, et al., 338 F.3d 1076 (9th Cir. 2003)).
- Successfully represented a gaming industry hardware and software manufacturer in several “bet the company” copyright infringement and trade secrets actions in state and federal courts across the country.
- Successfully represented wine vineyard business partners regarding high-exposure disputes stemming from a significant sale of a wine brand.
- Successfully represented a dietary supplement entity in actions involving claims of false advertising and copyright infringement.
- Successfully represented numerous hardware and software manufacturers in complex commercial litigation and transactional matters.
- Successfully represented commercial real estate developers, management companies, and principals in the defense of real estate mismanagement and fraud claims seeking $40 million.
- Successfully represented Director & Officer insurers in the defense of multimillion-dollar insurance coverage bad faith actions, including several cases that were tried to verdict.
- Successfully represented a satellite television distributor in connection with high-exposure breach of contract claims brought by cable television providers.
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 1992
- Helsinki, Finland, Fulbright Scholar, 1992
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1988
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$