Erika J. Lindberg focuses her practice on commercial litigation and maritime law. Having been a former U.S. Coast Guard officer and qualified deck watch officer, her at-sea and shoreside experiences give her a practical understanding of the legal challenges faced by the maritime industry. Erika also provides advice and counsel to employers on best practices for preventing employment claims and avoiding employment-related litigation.
While in law school, Erika was an oralist for the Boston College Jessup International Law Moot Court team and a student attorney at the Boston College Legal Assistance Bureau, where she represented low-income clients in family law, landlord-tenant and consumer protection cases.
- Advised waterfront commercial clients and marinas on the Jones Act and Coast Guard regulations regarding the licensing and use of passenger and commercial vessels.
- Represented a client on a claim for damages to a vessel (a ship) caused when a load of wind tower sections broke loose in heavy weather.
- Assisting in the representation of a top-five national lending and servicing institution in the defense of mortgage foreclosure lawsuits, managed the case dockets and drafted motions for filing in federal and state courts.
- Working with an international nonprofit charitable organization, created internal contract review policies and guidelines to streamline and provide uniformity for a client’s internal contract review process and provided organization-wide training to implement the new procedures and guidelines.
- Assisted in the representation of a community-based health care network in employment litigation matters, including the defense of hostile work environment, discrimination, wrongful termination and retaliation claims.
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States: Associate Member
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Organization
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2008, cum laude
- B.S., United States Coast Guard Academy, 2001
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$