Widely recognized in the health care industry, Erin Smith Aebel is a board certified health law specialist by the Florida Bar and she is the 2016 Lexology Client Choice Award Winner, nominated by clients and awarded for excellent client service in health law in the state of Florida. Physicians, hospitals, physician group practices, diagnostic imaging centers, pharmacies, clinical laboratories, medical spas, concierge medcial practices, and other health care providers in business law look to Erin for representation in a wide range of matters.
Her more than 20 years of experience, paired with her desire to help people, has enabled Erin to successfully represent clients in a wide range of matters, including Stark law, fraud and abuse, acquisitions and changes of ownership, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and licensure issues arising from joint ventures. She regularly prepares and negotiates hospital-related agreements, physician employment agreements, medical director agreements, and licensure and scope of practice issues.
Additionally, Erin advises on a variety of Florida health law issues including the developing medical marijuana law. With a passion to share knowledge, Erin frequently speaks throughout the country and writes on health care topics. She has been published by the American Health Lawyers Association.
- J.D., cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, 1996
- B.A., magna cum laude, Loyola University New Orleans, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 1996
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 1997
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- The Florida Bar, Executive Counsel to Health Law Section, 2011-2014
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Certification Committee, Chair
- American Diabetes Association Tampa Bay, Chair of Community Leadership Board; Walk Chair for the Step Out to Stop Diabetes Walk
- Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida, Board of Directors
- Ruths List State Advisory Board
- Hillsborough County Bar Health Law Section, former Co-Chair
- Suncoast Health Care Executives, former President
Rate : $$$$