Erin C. Caldwell’s practice encompasses the procurement, protection and commercialization of intellectual property, with a focus on patents. She has prepared and prosecuted applications and has evaluated patents in various technical fields, including software and computing, mechanics, electronics and materials.
Additionally, she makes a point to follow developments in emerging technologies, such as blockchain, autonomous vehicles and machine learning, to meet the needs of clients working at the frontier of innovation.
Erin strives to employ particularized strategies informed by the goals of each client. After identifying her clients’ objectives, she will identify the best route to achieving maximum protection and monetization.
- Reviewing contracts pertaining to rights and ownership of intellectual property.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications related to manufacturing processes, manufacturing materials and articles of manufacture.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications related to home automation and internet of things (IoT) technology.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications related to digital content distribution and rights management.
- Preparing and prosecuting design patent applications, including designs for electronics accessories, media players, automotive parts, exercise devices and sporting goods.
- Licensing Executives Society (LES): Atlanta Chapter
- Committee Member
- Young Members Congress (YMC) USA-Canada: Committee Member
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Georgia Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division: Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Spina Bifida Association of Georgia (SBAGA): Board Member
- Fulton County Animal Services
- Cherokee County Humane Society
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2016; cum laude, Intellectual Property Law Society
- B.S., Physics, Georgia State University, 2012, magna cum laude, Society of Physics Students
Admissions : U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 76,509
Rate : $$$