Erin Graham Watstein is highly skilled at assisting prominent construction clients with all manner of construction claims issues and construction contract drafting and negotiation. She also successfully represents Georgia health insurers on issues of compliance, recoupment, reimbursement, regulation and medical necessity.
Erin’s construction practice is split between the prosecution and defense of construction claims in court or before arbitration panels and the negotiation and drafting of construction contracts and associated documents.
Erin’s construction representations include nationally and globally prominent construction, infrastructure and energy clients, including owners, contractors and subcontractors, design professionals, architects, and material suppliers in matters involving utility and infrastructure construction, power plants, manufacturing and processing plants, airports, hospitals, office buildings and apartments, luxury hotels, and other complex projects.
Erin also regularly advises clients on public-private partnerships and other infrastructure development matters, including with respect to airports, roadways, broadband, electricity, telecommunications and utilities.
Erin has successfully represented construction clients across a full range of construction disputes and has extensive experience litigating claims involving : Delay, disruption and scheduling, Design and construction defects, Inefficiency and productivity disputes.
On the contracting side, Erin has experience advising clients at every step, from early project development and project risk assessment to contract drafting and negotiation.
Erin’s healthcare practice focuses on the representation of insurers, including one of Georgia’s largest Medicaid care management organizations, in litigation at all levels of Georgia courts and at the Georgia Office of State Administrative Hearings. She has represented insurance clients in more than 100 matters encompassing the full spectrum of healthcare issues.
Erin is skilled at handling electronic discovery disputes and managing the critical and often contentious issues surrounding discovery in complex litigations. She is well-versed in both the law and technology of discovery and is a regular speaker at seminars and CLE presentations on the legal landscape and emerging issues surrounding electronic discovery.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a leading boiler designer and manufacturer in a multiparty arbitration involving more than $500 million in claims related to the supply and erection of a 700MW Benson OTU boiler.
- Advised an electric power holding company in connection with proceedings before a state utility commission pertaining to resource development and retail ratemaking.
- Advised a short-listed design-build joint venture pursuing a P3 involving a highly sophisticated electronic train system at Los Angeles International Airport.
- Served as construction contract counsel for an airline owner with respect to construction management contracts for terminal construction projects at two of the nation’s busiest airports.
- Represent a telecommunications equipment manufacturing company in the negotiation of program management and design services contracts for fiber construction projects.
- Served as lead contract counsel for a global hotel and leisure company in the construction and renovation of luxury hotel property in the Caribbean.
- Successfully represented Georgia insurers in more than 100 matters at all levels of the Georgia courts and in front of administrative law judges at the Office of State Administrative Hearings. Representations included issues of compliance, recoupment, reimbursement and medical necessity.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Young Professional Leaders Advisory Board, United Way of Greater Atlanta
- Member, Georgia Intrastate Moot Court Competition Committee, Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia
- Pro Bono Estate Planning Volunteer, Atlanta Legal Aid Society
- Member, Street Law, Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program (2015-2016)
- Sponsorship Chair, Race Planning Committee, Girls on the Run (2014-2015)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2009, Staff member, Florida Law Review
- Georgetown University Walsh School of Foreign Service, B.S., cum laude, 2006
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Georgia State Courts
Rate : $$$