Erin J. Hoyle focuses her practice on False Claims Act (qui tam/whistleblower) defense, corporate internal investigations, white collar criminal defense, and securities and business litigation. Her False Claims Act (FCA) experience includes defending health care clients in civil qui tam actions alleging the submission of false claims for payment, federal anti-kickback violations, and employer retaliation claims.
She also represents individuals and corporations facing government FCA investigations and advises on whistleblower complaints. Erin counsels companies on how to best avoid and detect potential FCA violations, and how to most effectively respond when nonetheless faced with such allegations. Erin, a member of the firm’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Task Force, has helped a variety of firm clients prepare for and respond to data breach events.
Erin’s securities and business litigation experience includes defending public and private companies against allegations of securities fraud, corporate fraud, trade secret misappropriation, and breaches of contract. She conducted a long-term investigation for the special litigation committee of a public company into shareholder derivative demands and associated lawsuits. She advises public and private clients on corporate governance matters, including issues relating to director independence, fiduciary duties, and director and officer liability.
Before joining the firm, Erin worked in academic fundraising, preparing state universities for national fundraising campaigns. She now advises educational institutions on an array of sensitive matters, including employment issues, records retention, student safety, administrative best practices, and compliance.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- George Washington University (M.A., 2005)
- Florida State University (B.A., 2003)
- Research Assistant, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL (2013-2015)
- Legal Intern, Bankers Financial Corporation, St. Petersburg, FL (2013)
- Independent Consultant, St. Petersburg, FL (2011-2012)
- Florida State University Foundation, Tallahassee, FL
- Interim Chief of Staff (2011)
- Director of Research and Prospect Management (2008-2011)
- Director of Research (2007-2008)
- Senior Research Analyst (2007)
- Research Analyst (2005-2007)
Rate : $$$