Erin L. Leffler focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, employment law and product liability defense. She uses the depth of her litigation experience to advise clients and identify issues that will leverage optimal outcomes.
Erin represents a variety of national, regional and local businesses in commercial litigation matters involving business torts, contract disputes, labor and employment matters, and commercial real estate disputes.
She also defends pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort and multidistrict litigation matters. In addition, Erin represents manufacturers and sellers of products in various industries in cases alleging breach of warranty, negligence, strict liability and wrongful death.
Erin is dedicated to understanding the industry trends and long-term business goals of her clients. She enjoys, and is accomplished in, investigating the underlying subject matter of a litigation dispute and preparing a case for ultimate resolution.
She handles litigation matters efficiently with an eye toward cost-effective strategy while maximizing results. Erin manages all aspects of litigation from day-to-day case management, motion writing, discovery practice and court appearances to depositions of fact and expert witnesses and development of trial themes and strategy.
Her recent case experience includes:
- a recent catastrophic crane accident case, in which Erin directed the discovery and pre-trial phases, ultimately obtaining a summary judgment verdict in favor of the employer client;
- an ongoing coordinated mass tort proceeding, in which Erin managed the removal of hundreds of cases from state court to the federal multidistrict litigation action to minimize the device manufacturer client’s involvement in piecemeal litigation; and
a case involving a dispute over the licensing of a business name, in which Erin led the discovery and investigation into the accounting of the opposing party’s claims that greatly reduced its demand for damages and the team achieved a favorable settlement for the client.
Erin is passionate about eradicating poverty, hunger and homelessness and proudly serves as a member of the Young Professional Advisory Board of Bethesda Project, a Philadelphia non-profit organization devoted to caring for the poor and homeless.
- J.D., Temple University, 2006
- Intern to the Philadelphia City Solicitor’s Office
- Intern to the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts
- Intern to the New Jersey Federal Defender’s Office
- B.A., University of Colorado Boulder, 2000
- Intern to the Boulder County Public Defender’s Office
- Semester at Sea
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Bethesda Project, Young Professional Advisory Board
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- The Hon. Patricia A. McInerney, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
Rate : $$$$