Erin McCloskey Maus advises clients on international and domestic products liability and mass tort litigation, and assists companies in assessing supply chain risk and handling various product-related compliance issues. Complementing her product liability practice is a commercial litigation and business consulting practice for product manufacturers, distributors and suppliers.
She has appeared in many state and federal courts — managing all aspects of discovery and pre-trial litigation, handling court-ordered mediation and arbitration proceedings and trying cases to verdict.
Erin is co-editor of the Firm’s Global Product Recall Handbook, and contributing author in Dispute Resolution in North America and Product Liability in North America. She serves on the Firm’s Pro Bono Board for North America, and has received numerous awards for her pro bono work.
Erin’s product liability practice involves representing and advising international manufacturers, distributors and suppliers from varied market sectors, including technology, consumer goods, electronics, automotive, food and medical devices.
She advises clients on how to assess and reduce supply chain risk, identify and respond to various product compliance issues, and handle all aspects of conducting a global product recall including crisis management, implementing a corrective action plan, complying with government investigations, and planning and preparing for eventual civil litigation.
Erin’s commercial litigation and business consulting practice includes a particular focus on contract, warranty, distribution, dealer, sales of goods, and Uniform Commercial Code issues. She was a member of the trial team for the initial bellwether trial in MDL proceedings.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (JD cum laude) (1999)
- Cornell University (BS Honors) (1996)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit~United States (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (2003)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2000)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
- Defense Research Institute – Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section – Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Tort Litigation Practice Committee – Member
Rate : $$$