Erin E. Pelleteri concentrates her practice in the representation of employers on all aspects of employment issues, with an emphasis on wage and hour concerns. Ms. Pelleteri has a broad employment law and litigation practice, with a particular focus on wage and hour and trade-secret/non-compete issues.
Her practice also involves training and counseling employers on how to avoid litigation. When litigation does arise, Ms. Pelleteri represents clients in state and federal courts, as well as before the U.S. Department of Labor and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Ms. Pelleteri regularly defends complex wage and hour matters, including collective actions, involving claims for minimum wage, overtime, misclassification, and joint employment under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as state law wage claims in the construction, hospitality, telecommunications, and health care industries.
Ms. Pelleteri’s employment law experience also includes defending employers against claims brought under state discrimination statutes, Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act before the EEOC, in mediation, and in state and federal courts. She also counsels clients on workplace investigations, termination and discipline decisions, severance negotiations, handbooks and policies, and routinely conducts in-person trainings on topics such as sexual harassment, discrimination, and diversity and inclusion.
In addition, Ms. Pelleteri represents clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters with an emphasis on issues related to securities fraud, fiduciary breaches, and the Louisiana Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Millsaps College, B.A., 2003, cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Louisiana, 2006
Representative Matters :
- Represented an international company in primary and copycat matters involving nationwide FLSA and state law class action claims, resulting in the client incurring no out-of-pocket settlement contribution or attorneys’ fees.
- Represented a satellite television provider against claims brought by 25 plaintiffs, alleging misclassification and a joint employer theory of liability. Obtained summary judgment on the plaintiffs’ claims.
- Represented a general contractor in an action brought by multiple subcontractors alleging violations of the Louisiana Racketeering Act (Louisiana RICO). Obtained dismissal of claims with prejudice.
- Represented a contractor in a nationwide collective action involving claims related to the classification of exempt or non-exempt overtime status, resulting in the plaintiffs voluntarily decertifying the collective action.
- Represented a satellite television provider in a nationwide collective action involving claims of minimum wage and overtime pay violations under the FLSA, resulting in the plaintiffs voluntarily decertifying the collective action.
- Represented a contractor in a collective action involving multi-state claims related to misclassification and joint employer. Successfully had the collection limited to one project.
- Represented a health care company in arbitration and litigation alleging claims related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and unpaid compensation under state law.
- Represented an individual defendant in a suit alleging securities fraud and seeking more than $2.9 million in damages. Obtained a dismissal with prejudice.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – New Orleans Bar Association
- Member – Louisiana Bar Association
- Member – Federal Bar Association
- Recipient – Animal Legal Defense Fund’s 2011 Advancement in Animal Law Pro Bono Achievement Award
- Executive Committee – Louisiana State Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment (Chair, 2016 – 2017)
Rate : $$$