Ernessa B. McKie focuses her healthcare practice on licensure applications and recovery audit work. She has a wealth of previous experience in working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and in assisting hospitals in quality reporting, regulatory drafting and reconsideration requests for quality reporting programs, as well as working with clients in litigation.
Well-versed in government policy, analysis and alternative dispute resolution, Ernessa also has experience working as a pharmaceutical sales representative, which provides her with additional insight regarding the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Oversaw the development and dissemination of six Medicaid Program Integrity Provider Education toolkits.
- Assisted with the development and initial implementation of the Affordable Care Act-mandated CMS Hospital Value-Based Purchasing.
- Advised automotive and elevator manufacturing clients throughout the various phases of the litigation process.
- Responsible for initial agency findings with respect to reconsideration requests submitted by hospitals and suppliers with quality reporting payment penalties.
- Worked as a certified mediator, and operated as a registered neutral on behalf of the government and private entities.
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- American Health Law Association
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2008; Student Health Law Association, President; Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court, Pupil; Research and Writing Advocacy, Finalist, Kathy Bennett National Trial Advocacy Competition Winning Team
- B.S., Biology, B.A., Criminal Justice, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 2001
Admissions : Georgia, South Carolina
Rate : $$$$