Ernest J. Marquart’s practice focuses on business litigation. He has extensive experience representing public and private companies, partnerships, and individuals in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
He also has represented clients before the American Arbitration Association, governmental agencies, and in administrative proceedings. Ernie has regularly represented clients in a variety of cases involving commercial contracts; construction projects; real estate, health care management, and franchise matters; securities and shareholder disputes; and transportation, environmental, and intellectual property issues.
He also has substantial experience representing creditors in federal bankruptcy courts. Ernie served on the firm’s Management Committee from 2004 through 2011 and was the Managing Partner of the Tampa office from 2009 to 2011.
He was head of the Tampa office Litigation Department and co-chair of the Litigation Department firm-wide from 2001 to 2003 and was a member of the firm’s Professional Development Committee from 1993 to 2000.
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida, 1991
- B.A., magna cum laude, Boston University, 1986
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- Representing the owner of a high rise office tower against a major investor’s excessive claims to profits from the sale of the building.
- Defending a national retailer against a competitor’s efforts to limit its operations at more than eighty locations in five states.
- Defending a global architecture firm against a hospital owner’s delay claims and simultaneously pursuing design claims against other project professionals.
- Defending a nationwide pharmacy operator against contract and tort claims following termination of a vendor’s supply contract.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- The Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Academy of the Holy Names, Board of Trustees, 2016 – present
- Leadership Tampa Alumni, Class of 2008
- Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2011 – 2013
- Westover Homeowners Association, Board of Directors, 2003 – 2005
- Temple Terrace Little League, Youth Baseball Coach, 2010 – 2013
- Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Temple Terrace, Florida
Rate : $$$$