Ernest Slome is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Appellate Practice and the Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practice. Mr. Slome’s practice is focused on civil appeals and writs and on matters involving environmental law and toxic torts.
- University of Witwatersrand, Legum Baccalaureus, 1969
- University of Witwatersrand, Bachelor of Arts, 1966
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, California
Associations : San Diego County Bar Association
- Defended the former attorney for Ballard Smith, a past president of the San Diego Padres baseball team, in a legal malpractice action. Smith sued his attorney for failing to designate an expert witness on damages in an underlying trial in which Smith suffered a $4.2 million judgment. Jury verdict in favor of the defendant attorney was returned after a three-week trial.
- Defended Price Club/Costco, Inc. in a wrongful termination case which arose out of claims that the vendor was fraudulently induced to invest $250,000 in startup costs to establish a photographic “road show” in Price Club locations, only to be subjected to an arbitrary and wrongful termination. After a four-week trial, the jury awarded a defense verdict.
- Presently trial counsel for Northrop Grumman in defense of environmental litigation brought by Orange County Water District against multiple corporations arising out of alleged VOC contamination of the Orange County aquifer.
Rate : $$$$