Ernest M. Stern’s Corporate and Securities practice includes the representation of public and private emerging companies, many of which are technology based. Ernest assists these clients in their growth plan through venture financing in the form of private placements with high net worth individuals, institutional venture capital, PIPE investments, and IPOs.
Recently, Ernest handled one of the first 20 confidential IPO filings under the JOBS Act for an emerging growth company and served as underwriters’ counsel for a successful IPO of a company that listed on NASDAQ. Additionally, he advises companies in cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, and he has extensive experience in advising on SEC and NASD compliance issues.
- Bowdoin College, A.B., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. (Taxation)
- Akerman LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- DLA Piper LLP (US)
- District of Columbia
- Business Alliance of George Mason University, Board of Directors
- Northern Virginia Technology Council, Member
- Mid-Atlantic Venture Association, Member
- Active Angels, Member
Rate : $$$$