Erol N. Gulay is an associate in the Litigation Department and a member of the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group and Consumer Finance Group. Mr. Gulay has particular experience with matters involving federal and state regulatory investigations, enforcement actions, internal investigations and compliance matters.
Mr. Gulay joined Debevoise in 2010. He received his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2010. Mr Gulay was a Stone Scholar and a notes editor for the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Harvard University in 2005 and an M.Phil from Oxford University in 2007.
- Industrias AlEn in an ITC investigation and associated litigations over Pinol and Cloralex, which are well-known brands in Mexico, over Clorox’s claims of infringement of its Pine-Sol and Clorox trademarks.
- An international law firm in a DOJ investigation into certain financial products sold by a leading global financial institution.
- A top national bank in an investigation by the DOJ into mortgage-related matters.
- Westfield in defending against contract and fiduciary duty claims seeking damages in excess of $3 billion relating to past and future acquisitions of shopping malls.
- Columbia Law School, 2010, J.D.
- University of Oxford, 2007, M.Phil.
- Harvard University, 2005, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$