Esteban Rodriguez represents clients in a variety of adversarial matters including class action and mass tort cases alleging product liability, false advertising, unfair competition, and other consumer fraud claims. He litigates and manages large-scale complex commercial litigation that are often coordinated or consolidated in federal or state courts.
Esteban writes briefs and motions at all stages of litigation from pretrial dispositive motions to dismiss to appellate briefs. He coordinates discovery and serves as a main point of contact for clients, co-defendants, and opposing counsel.
Esteban represents a variety of domestic and international companies including those that operate in the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and consumer products industries. Esteban strives to develop and implement effective, creative, and cost-efficient strategies that maintain his clients’ definition of success in mind.
In 2017, Esteban practiced as a visiting attorney in the Mexico City office of Solórzano, Carvajal, González, y Pérez-Correa, S.C., a top-tier Mexican law firm. There, Esteban worked on various adversarial matters including international arbitrations and commercial litigation pending in Mexican courts.
Esteban also commits a significant portion of his practice to representing pro bono clients with immigration-related and foster benefits matters. In addition, Esteban is active in the firm’s Trial Advocacy Prosecution Program.
He recently conducted a trial and secured a guilty verdict and argued before the Appellate Division of the Los Angeles Superior Court on behalf of the City of Redondo Beach.
In the community, Esteban serves on the Board of Directors of California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc., a public interest law firm that provides free legal assistance and related services to low-income rural Californians; and Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County, one of the largest and most prominent public interest law offices in California that specializes in areas of the law that disproportionately impact the poor. He also assists with mentoring and community outreach efforts in middle schools and high schools in the Los Angeles Area.
- Representing boxing promoter Top Rank, Inc., Manny Pacquiao, HBO, and other defendants in nationwide class action litigation asserting claims related to Pacquiao’s “Fight of the Century” against Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in multi-state litigation involving allegations of unfair competition, false advertising, and other consumer fraud claims in connection with the sale and marketing of prescription pain medications
- Representing Amylin Pharmaceuticals, an AstraZeneca company, in nationwide product liability litigation over the diabetes drug Byetta®
- Representing Exportadora de Sal, S.A. de C.V., a Mexican State-owned enterprise and the world’s largest producer of sea salt, in multi-billion dollar lawsuits in US Federal Court
- Represented a beverage company in several purported class actions pending in California state courts alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition, False Advertising, and Consumers Legal Remedies statutes, as well as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65)
- Represented a leading maker of fitness shoes in a nationwide class action involving alleged violations of the California Consumers Legal Remedies Act, Unfair Competition Law, and other consumer fraud claims
- Represented a former CFO of a public company in a civil lawsuit brought by the US Securities and Exchange Commission alleging purported violations of several securities laws
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a nonprofit organization to determine whether a former employee violated federal wire fraud and embezzlement laws
- Stanford University, J.D.: Editor, Stanford Law & Policy Review; Co-President, Stanford Latino Law Students Association
- University of California at Irvine, B.A., Criminology: cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$