An experienced general litigator, Esterina Giuliani focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. Prior to entering private practice, Esterina was a partial owner of a wholesale and retail building products company.
There, she worked from the company’s inception, gained more than a decade of experience in that industry and developed an understanding of the potential issues a business and its staff could face.
Utilizing her knowledge of law, combined with her comprehension of clients’ concerns and risks, Esterina functions as a practical advocate for clients, handling each unique situation with care and commitment.
- Currently representing Irving H. Picard, Securities Investor Protection Act Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel in one of the largest financial frauds in recorded history. Esterina has been an integral member in seeking and obtaining recovery of fraudulent transfers for equitable distribution to defrauded customers.
- Represented a roofing products manufacturing company in a multidistrict products liability litigation in federal court in connection with 11 putative class actions and a certified class. Worked on and participated in all phases, including discovery, motion practice, court hearings and conferences, class certification and notice, trial preparation, mediation, and settlement.
- Defended a Japanese vitamin manufacturer in connection with a civil antitrust litigation arising from price-fixing prosecutions in the vitamin industry brought by the Mississippi attorney general. Worked on various aspects of the case including discovery, motion practice, mediation and settlement.
- Defended various clients against shareholder putative class and class actions involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty and aiding and abetting.
- New York State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Council
- St. John’s School of Law Alumni Association
Community : St. John’s School of Law Alumni Association: Board of Directors
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2006; magna cum laude; St. John’s Law Review, Articles and Notes Editor; Dean’s List; CALI Awards; Federal Scholars Award; Justice Davit T. Gibbons Award in Evidence; Joseph Levine Real Property Award; Rita Giannone Memorial Award
- B.A., Hofstra University, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2007
- District of Columbia, 2008
Rate : $$$$