Esther P. Holm is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois, co-chair of the Professional Liability Practice, and former vice-chair of the Product Liability Practice. Her specialty is Trial Practice in Professional, General, Employment, Transportation and Product Liability matters.
In the area of General, Product Liability and Transportation, Ms. Holm has tried to verdict, cases involving claims of Traumatic Brain Injury, neuropsychological injury, and is a specialist in the use/misuse of PET, SPECT, MRI scans, including Diffusion Tensor Imaging.
She has defended and tried to verdict cases involving sexual molestation of a child, bus accidents, paralysis, orthopedic injuries, defamation, wrongful death, wrongful termination of employment and construction defect.
She has defended high profile cases of foodborne illness and served as Lead Counsel for the Jack in the Box franchisees sued during the E.coli outbreak in 1993. Ms. Holm’s experience includes defense of hotels and casinos in cases involving claims of assault/battery, and personal injury, with an emphasis on traumatic brain injury.
In the Professional Liability area, Ms. Holm has defended malpractice claims brought against insurance agents and brokers, attorneys, appraisers, home inspectors, homeowner associations and school districts. She has tried to verdict malpractice claims against real estate agents and brokers.
Ms. Holm has extensive experience defending Common Interest Development and Homeowners Associations, including class actions. Ms. Holm is a frequent lecturer to the defense industry on the use of PET scans, Traumatic Brain Injury, psychological injuries, evaluation of damages, and real estate law.
Ms. Holm is the creator, director, and producer of the firm’s Webinar Series. She serves as Moderator for each of the monthly programs. Ms. Holm is Co-Editor of the Professional Liability Newsletter and a member of the Quality Assurance Committee. She is also a former Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Superior Court and a former Volunteer Mediator.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1988
- University of California at Davis, Bachelor of Arts, 1977
- State Bar Admissions, California
- State Supreme Courts, California Supreme Court
- United States District Courts,
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- California Association of Realtors Attorney Referral Panel
- Defense Research Institute, Products Liability and Trial Tactics Committee
- Women’s Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
Rate : $$$