Esuga Abaya is a corporate attorney with experience representing a range of clients, including start-ups, private companies, public companies and private equity firms, in various corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, commercial contract drafting, equity financings and general corporate governance.
Mergers and Acquisitions/ Private Equity/Venture Finance:
- Represented a private equity firm with over US$4 billion in assets under management in its acquisitions and sales of several portfolio companies.
- Represented a publicly traded manufacturer of windows and doors in two US$100+ million leveraged acquisitions of leading competitors.
- Represented a publicly traded insurance company in its acquisitions of several regional insurance agencies.
- Represented a biotechnology research company in its sale of assets to a leading global provider of human tissue research solutions.
- Represented a global financial services firm in its acquisition of a national mortgage lender and servicing company.
- Represented an advertising technology start-up in its acquisition by a publicly traded entertainment technology company.
- Represented a leading provider of healthcare payment solutions in its Series B financing round and related tender offer of common stock.
- Represented a UK-based investment company in several investments in US and UK-based digital finance and marketplace lending companies.
- Represented a biotechnology start-up manufacturer of 3-D printed medical devices in its Series A financing round from a syndicate of institutional investors.
- Represented an international venture capital and social impact investment firm in its Series A financing of a US and Kenya based startup developing an Africa-focused lending platform.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company manufacturing tamper-resistant pain medication in its initial public offering.
- Represented a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing cancer medication in its public offering of subscription rights and periodic securities filings.
- Represented a regional provider of road construction materials and issuer of publicly traded debt in its periodic securities filings.
- Represented a US and UK-listed pharmaceutical company in its foreign issuer filings.
Marketplace Lending and Fintech:
- Represented several marketplace lending platforms and startups providing small and medium enterprises with working capital and project loans in corporate formation, corporate structure and governance, financings and regulatory compliance.
- Presented at several webinars, conferences and meetups related to marketplace lending, crowdfunding, digital finance and alternative investments.
- New Jersey
- B.A., Bluffton University 2004
- M.B.A., University of Findlay 2006
- J.D., Villanova University 2012
Rate : $$$