Ethan D. Balsam’s practice is primarily focused on advising and defending employers in a range of employment-related litigation, arbitration, and administrative agency proceedings, including claims involving : Discrimination, Sexual harassment, Constitutional due process, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
Additionally, Ethan counsels employers in various aspects of labor and employment law, including : Termination decisions, Employee discipline, Personnel policies.
Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Ethan represented education institutions, municipalities and health systems before federal and New York state courts, and various administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights, New York State Public Employment Relations Board and the New York State Education Department. He also negotiated collective bargaining agreements.
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2006
- B.S., Cornell University, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
Rate : $$$