Ethan D. Carlyle has more than 14 years of litigation experience in areas such as collection lawsuits, commercial and workplace personal injury litigation, insurance litigation, construction litigation, and employment litigation.
He has had success in obtaining judgments against defaulting debtors and collecting on those judgments, whether through post-judgment enforcement actions or in bankruptcy proceedings.
Utilizing this experience, as well as an earnest approach to his work, Ethan focuses on efficient resolutions that will satisfy all aspects of his clients’ needs.
- Obtained a judgment for $2.8 million on behalf of an energy company against a biofuels manufacturer and supplier. Eventually collected more than $2 million of the judgment through various post-judgment actions, including garnishments, turnovers and appointment of a receiver.
- After a gas station employee allowed customers to charge gas and other purchases to a client’s gas card in exchange for cash, filed a lawsuit and collected $9,000 on behalf of the client against the gas station owner.
- Obtained a settlement on behalf of a food service supplier against a salesman accused of pocketing cash received from customers, and ultimately pursued a claim in the salesman’s bankruptcy proceedings as an unsecured claim.
- Obtained a judgment for $30,000 on behalf of a chemical supplier against a customer who could not pay after a drop in the price of oil. Collected the full amount of debt after working out a settlement and payment plan.
- Served as first chair in the representation of a large national insurance company in a lawsuit involving claims of bad faith insurance practices and breach of contract in a Missouri state court.
- Served as first chair in representation before the Wyoming Department of Labor, successfully representing a drilling company in a Title VII sexual harassment and retaliation claim.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2001; magna cum laude; Articles Editor, South Texas Law Review
- B.A., Business Administration and Philosophy, Trinity University, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$