Ethan Kaufman is a Partner resident in Fragomen’s New York office. His practice is limited to Immigration and Nationality law. During his 30 years with the firm, Ethan has been lead engagement partner for major corporate clients and has overseen all aspects of employment-based immigration including the full range of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, naturalization and citizenship issues, compliance concerns, policy development and program management.
His clients have encompassed investors, emerging businesses, middle market and Fortune 500 and 100 corporations across diverse industries including financial services, technology, consulting, professional services, biotech, fashion and design, consumer goods, sports, entertainment, healthcare and universities.
Ethan was responsible for opening the firm’s office in Dallas and managing the practice for nearly eight years. He previously served on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Early in his career, Ethan served as Law Clerk to Honorable George P. Kazen, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas.
Ethan speaks English and Spanish.
- Manage teams overseeing immigration programs of multiple Fortune 500 corporations
- Counsel clients on immigration-related due diligence in connection with corporate restructurings and M&A transactions
- Advise management and employees on the immigration consequences of personnel actions including reductions in force, hiring freezes, mandatory leaves of absence, etc.
- Draft and review customized immigration policies as part of a broader mobility program
- Rutgers University School of Law | J.D., 1987, Research Editor – Rutgers Law Review
- Rutgers University | B.A., Phi Sigma Iota
Bar Admissions: New York, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$