Ethan Schultz represents clients in connection with acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, financings, and other corporate and commercial transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Mr. Schultz’s clients include strategic and financial investors, independent power producers, project developers, integrated utilities and financial institutions. His experience extends across a broad range of assets and services, including solar, wind, hydro, natural gas, coal, nuclear, LNG, petrochemicals and power marketing, as well as transportation infrastructure involving toll roads, rail and airports.
- First Solar in the sale to Capital Dynamics of its interests in 8point3 Energy Partners LP, which owns interests in a 946 MW portfolio of solar energy projects, for $1.7 billion (enterprise value);
- InterGen in the sale of its Mexico assets and businesses, including six CCGT projects comprising 2,200 MW and a 155 MW wind farm, to Actis Group for $1.3 billion (enterprise value);
- Affiliates of Enel Green Power North America in acquiring a U.S.-based energy services and energy technology provider;
- First Solar in its sale of the cash equity in the 179 MW Switch Station solar project to EDF Renewable Energy, and the sale of tax-equity interests in the project to JPMorgan;
- First Solar in the formation and initial public offering of 8point3 Energy Partners, a new joint venture “yieldco” formed with SunPower;
- Emera Energy in its $541 million purchase of a 1,050 MW portfolio of three combined-cycle gas-fired generating facilities from Capital Power Corporation;
Mr. Schultz has been named to The Legal 500 U.S. and is recognized by IFLR 1000 for his work in the energy and infrastructure sectors in the United States. Prior to law school, Mr. Schultz worked as a financial analyst for Enron Corporation and Project GRAD USA, a nonprofit focused on improving public education.
Rate : $$$