Ethan Schatz is a staff attorney in the firm’s financial services litigation department. He focuses his practice primarily on commercial litigation, representing leading financial services companies in a variety of business areas.
Ethan advises and defends clients against claims involving federal lending laws and regulations, including the Truth and Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
He has extensive experience with mortgage foreclosure claims, loan modification claims, lending servicing claims, real estate title issues, state unfair competition and consumer protection claims, as well as a variety of other contracts claims.
Ethan’s involvement in litigating these matters ranges from the initial pleadings, through trial and appeal, in both California state and federal courts.
In addition to his litigation experience, Ethan has extensive experience in corporate transactional and start-up matters related to business formation, fund raising, mergers and acquisitions, international business development, partnership agreements, master service agreements, distribution agreements, advertising agreements, procurement agreements and many other types of contract related issues. He has worked as in-house counsel on several early stage start-up companies.
- University of Dayton School of Law, JD, 2005
- Xavier University, MBA, 2005
- The Evergreen State College, BA, Environmental Science, 1983
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Rate : $$$$