Mr. Ethan D. Stein’s practice concentrates in the defense of mass tort and individual product liability cases involving pharmaceutical products, medical devices, and toxic substances. His experience includes cases involving prescription drugs and medical devices such as laparoscopic and endoscopic surgical equipment, hip and knee replacement devices, trocars, and medical sterilizing solutions. He has also handled toxic tort cases, defending against claims of exposure to benzene, silica, and asbestos.
Mr. Stein has participated in a national counsel capacity in representing the manufacturer of asbestos-containing friction products, where he coordinated the client’s nationwide discovery efforts, and served as the liaison for dozens of local counsel throughout the United States. He has also litigated individual asbestos cases in New Jersey for manufacturers of asbestos containing friction products, valves, pumps, and protective clothing.
Mr. Stein also had the benefit of working in-house on a temporary basis at a major client of the firm, where he was involved with such matters as drafting commercial agreements and product warranties, handling product-related claims, and working with the company’s outside counsel on employment, workers’ compensation, environmental, and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Stein joined Gibbons in 2004, after spending over eight years litigating products liability matters at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP and its predecessor firm, Shanley & Fisher. Many of these matters involved wrongful death claims with significant medical and scientific issues relating to pulmonology, epidemiology, pathology, and industrial hygiene.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.)
- Managing Editor, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal (1994-1995)
- Princeton University (A.B.)
- Senior Class President
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Princeton Broadcasting Service, Inc.
- Corporate Secretary and Charter Trustee
Rate : $$$$