Eudeen Chang leverages his significant litigation experience to counsel clients when disputes arise and in business transactions. He uses his fluency in Mandarin and cultural background to effectively serve as general counsel for Chinese investors doing business in the U.S.
Eudeen is experienced in all phases of litigation, from pre-lawsuit strategizing through trial, post-judgment collection and appeal. In addition to litigating disputes involving real estate and hospitality, contracts, employment, and construction, Eudeen counsels clients on real estate transactions, joint ventures, corporate structure, formation and governance.
In his almost 20 years of practice, Eudeen approaches each dispute and lawsuit with the goal of reaching a business solution that is efficient and benefits his clients.
In his role as outside general counsel, Eudeen serves not only as legal counsel but as a trusted advisor in all aspects of the business transaction at hand and is instrumental in creating a team of other professional advisors essential to the transaction.
He proactively assists Chinese clients in business ventures with the aim of avoiding common pitfalls and problems that can lead to litigation.
Eudeen’s diverse litigation experience together with his transactional acumen, Mandarin skills, cultural background and legal efficiency, make him a unique asset for Chinese companies and investors doing business in the United States.
Representative Matters :
- Representation of Chinese real estate owners in the following development projects: an $800 million mixed-use project in downtown Los Angeles; a $500 million mixed-use project in Garden Grove, California; and construction of the Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel.
- Representation of a hotel owner in a dispute with a lessor involving breach of a lease requirement to maintain the hotel to minimum standards, resulting in a favorable arbitration award.
- Defense of a private equity company in an International Chamber of Commerce arbitration proceeding arising from claims of breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Prosecution of a misappropriation of trade secret and interference action on behalf of an international human resources consulting firm against a corporate raider.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., 1997
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$