Eugene J. Podesta (Gene Podesta) is a shareholder in the Memphis office and co-chair of the Firm’s Hospitality Industry Service Team. Mr. Podesta concentrates his practice in commercial, business, class action and health care litigation. He has extensive experience in the defense of suits against health care providers, accountants and lawyers.
He also has extensive experience as regional litigation counsel for several national and international franchisors. Additionally, he has extensive experience litigating intellectual property claims, including trademark and patent infringement cases.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1981, with honors
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1979, with honors
- Tennessee, 1982
- U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 2014
Representative Matters : Won judgment in excess of $1 million on behalf of trust against former trustee on breach of fiduciary duty claim.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Fellow – Memphis Bar Foundation
- Member – Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility Hearing Committee Member
- Former Member – Alumni Advisory Council University of Tennessee College of Law
- Former Member – Board of Governors University of Tennessee National Alumni Association
- Former Chair of the Firm’s Tort and Insurance practice group (2000 – 2004)
Rate : $$$$