Eugene C. Ryu provides advice and counseling to clients on a wide variety of matters in all areas of labor and employment law including :
- Disability and discrimination
- Family and medical leave
- Class and collective action litigation
- Human resources decisions in all aspects of employment law
- Workers’ compensation
- Independent contractor analysis and litigation
He represents employers in state, federal and administrative courts and before the California Labor Commissioner, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, the California OSHA Appeals Board, the Department of Labor and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, and California Court of Appeal. He also handles arbitrations and mediations.
Eugene’s diverse clients include many global and national companies, as well as emerging growth companies, start-ups, and entrepreneurs. He also represents a variety of U.S. subsidiaries of multinational Korean parent companies.
He is a certified specialist in workers’ compensation law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Eugene is the co-chair of Littler’s ‘Ohana Affinity Group and serves on the board of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Council.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2000
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1996
Courts : U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Adjunct Board of Advisors, US-Korea Law Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, Korean American Bar Association of Northern California
- Member, Board of Governors, Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$