Evan Glassman has been skillfully navigating clients through New York courts in matters involving highly contentious and sensitive civil and criminal litigation issues. His diverse practice includes representation of plaintiffs and defendants in all manners of commercial litigation, white-collar criminal matters, intellectual property disputes, and professional liability matters.
Evan’s work encompasses multi-jurisdictional and cross-border disputes, and efforts to obtain and enforce judgments and arbitral awards around the world. As a complement to his litigation practice, Evan works to successfully protect clients from negative media exposure that may adversely affect their businesses or careers. His holistic legal approach involves applying efficient project management techniques and creative solutions that fulfill client objectives in practical and cost-effective ways.
Evan’s recent successful engagements include financial fraud, legal malpractice, “bet-the-company” business disputes, insurance defense coverage, theft of trade secrets, and trademark infringement.
He regularly litigates trademark disputes for luxury goods manufacturers and retailers, obtaining settlements and enforcing judgments in trademark and counterfeiting claims and gray market actions. Evan is also accomplished in obtaining discovery pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1782 to support foreign proceedings.
- American Bar Association (1994-present)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (1994-present); Member, Committee on State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction (2011-2014); Member, Committee on Professional Responsibility (2002-2005)
- Member, Town of New Castle, New York Board of Ethics (2014-present); Chairman (2017-present)
- Secretary, The Arnold Glassman Fund, Inc. (2003-present)
- Board of Directors, Chappaqua School Foundation (2013-present)
- Board of Directors, Oak Lane Child Care Center (2001-2015)
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1993, Special Features Editor, Arts and Entertainment Law Journal
- B.A., Wesleyan University, 1987
Rate : $$$