Evan N. Goodman is an associate in the firm’s corporate practice, where he focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings.Mr. Goodman advises acquirers, targets and private-equity investors in a variety of transactions, including securities and asset purchases, mergers, leveraged finance purchases and corporate restructurings.
He also represents clients in securities offerings and SEC compliance matters. Mr. Goodman received his J.D. from New York University School of Law, where he was Notes Editor for the Environmental Law Journal.Prior to joining Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, he worked at another international law firm in its corporate and financial services department.
- Mr. Goodman’s experience prior to joining Akin Gump includes the representation of:
- a California based anti-plagiarism software company in connection with its $752 million sale to a private equity fund and Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund
- a point-of-care blood testing company and its private equity sponsor in a $490 million sale of a publicly traded pharmaceuticals company
- a Bermuda based reinsurance holding company in its $1.9 billion acquisition of a separate Bermuda based reinsurance holding company and subsequent $300 million senior notes offering by a subsidiary
- an Ohio based investment advisory firm in its acquisition of a Michigan based investment management firm resulting in combined assets under management of $37 billion and the subsequent acquisition of a Tennessee based boutique asset management firm focusing on volatility weighted investment strategies having approximately $1 billion of assets under management
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Boston University, magna cum laude, 2008
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$