Evan Michailidis practices in the area of litigation, with a focus on complex commercial litigation; domestic and international white-collar criminal defense, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations; class action defense; products liability; and employment litigation.
Mr. Michailidis is listed in the 2012-2018 editions of New York Super Lawyers as a Rising Star. Mr. Michailidis is a 2006 graduate of Emory School of Law and a cum laude graduate of Columbia University.
- Obtained on behalf of a large grocery store chain a settlement the client found favorable in a consolidated FLSA and multi-state Rule 26 class action lawsuit alleging the failure to properly pay overtime.
- Represented a restaurant franchise in the dismissal of collective and class action claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York Labor Law.
- Obtained a dismissal of all claims alleged against the firm’s clients in a contentious and lengthy dispute in New York State Supreme Court, Nassau County relating to the ownership of numerous lucrative dental practices.
- Obtained a dismissal for three Malaysian clients, who were sued in New York by plaintiffs seeking to enforce a multimillion-dollar foreign judgement.
- Represented a leading software company in a contentious business litigation in Mexico. Obtained a favorable settlement which allowed the client to restore a multi-million dollar business partnership in the region.
- Representing a Danish sports apparel company in a voluntary prior disclosure to the Customs and Border Protection.
- Representing an Eastern European executive subject to foreign extradition proceedings in connection to a U.S. DOJ indictment for alleged trafficking of controlled substances.
- Obtained a dismissal of two appeals against JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Division-Second Judicial Department, concerning the borrower’s standing to bring the appeals.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Professional Activities : American Arbitration Association
Rate : $$$$