Evan N. Schlom focuses his practice on government merger and non-merger investigations, complex antitrust litigation, and counseling clients on competition issues. On the regulatory side, his experience includes drafting advocacy presentations in merger investigations, performing analyses of the implications of potential mergers, preparing witnesses for interviews and depositions, and crafting strategic responses to government subpoenas and civil demands in merger and price-fixing investigations.
On the litigation side, he has drafted motions to dismiss and discovery responses in a complex price fixing lawsuit. In addition, he devotes a significant portion of his practice to advising clients on issues relating to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR Act), including drafting filings and negotiating antitrust provisions in transaction agreements.
His data security practice includes advising companies on their cybersecurity preparedness and assisting them with their responses to data security incidents. Evan also advised President Barack Obama’s Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity in 2016, which included contributing to the Commission’s Report on Securing and Growing the Digital Economy.
Evan also maintains an active political law practice, advising government appointees in various ethics-related matters, including preparing public financial disclosures forms and crafting ethics agreements.
Evan is deeply involved in the pro bono community as well, having developed a pro bono practice focusing on immigration matters. A fluent Spanish speaker, his work in this area includes representing clients in asylum proceedings and assisting clients with Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) and T-Visa applications. Outside of his practice, he has served as a Coordinator for the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia’s Generous Associates Campaign.
Prior to law school, Evan served for two years as a Policy Analyst at the White House, managing the Obama administration’s implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Representing a major consumer goods company in ongoing antitrust class actions and related criminal investigations.
- Represented a major consumer electronics manufacturer in non-merger antitrust investigation.
- Advised companies in the technology, healthcare, biotech, entertainment, consumer goods, home furnishings, and manufacturing industries on regulatory issues related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented a major food company in a DOJ merger investigation.
- Counseling a major investment firm on their response to a data breach.
- Advising multiple senior government officials on political law matters, including financial disclosures and ethics agreements.
- Representing a major chain of truck stops in a purported class action challenging its payment card practices.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in an ERISA class action challenge to administrative costs and investment practices in its employee 401(k) plan offering.
Corporate & Government Experience:
- Policy Analyst, White House
- District of Columbia
- University of Southern California, J.D.: Senior Submissions Editor, Southern California Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Political Science and Hispanic Studies: cum laude
Rate : $$$